Wednesday, November 13

Blogopolis 2013 and Yolanda (Haiyan)


Last weekend, the most horrible storm went through parts of the Philippines. Pictures of the devastation just breaks my heart. I don't know anyone personally who was greatly affected, but I know of people who has/had loved ones living in the hit areas, and some of them have lost loved ones and their possessions. It reminded me of hurricane Katrina.

My newsfeed has been filled with gut-wrenching stories about what happened. Other posts are on how you can go help and what's currently happening. Although many have already given and pledged support for the country, there is still a long way to go. The destruction Yolanda/Haiyan made took one mighty day. But rebuilding what it destroyed will take years.

This coming weekend (November 16), the blogging world here in the Philippines is going to have a blogging conference hosted by Nuffnang at Hotel Intercontinental. Ticket sales will be donated to the victims of the typhoon.

If you're interested, here is what it's all about:

Blogopolis 2013: #INTOTHEWILD (Weaving Information for Leaders of the Digital World) This year, we are taking you to the Information Jungle. With the surge of social media, and other online platforms, we want to help you make sense of the digital world. Key speakers will be discussing social media know-how and digital marketing and advertising trends. Blogopolis 2013 is a day-long event starting with plenary sessions in the afternoon, and a post-conference party at night where key influencers in the industry will be awarded. This event is open to everyone - bloggers, social media influencers, students, digital marketing officers, and advertisers, and anyone who is interested in the world of digital, particularly social media.



Last year,  I wasn't able to go because it was held on my MIL's birthday. We had a long yummy lunch at Makati Shang, and I saw folks walking around with their badges, and I was a bit jealous that they were attending. I promised myself I was going this year. But I already committed myself to an event on November 16 months before. Sigh. I hope next year, makasama na ako talaga.

If you want to join and get tickets, go here.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. My heart & thoughts, & donation go out to these people how devastatingly horrible is this, act of Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...