Monday, May 27

Hair: Nature's Answer to Hair Loss


My hair has always been wavy, and only a few of my closest friends when I was a kid knew I had ringlets near my nape. The ringlets are gone now, because I think I may have had subjected my hair to too much chemicals -- from rebonding to dyeing it. I try not to do it often because I feel my hair is very weak, but a few years in a stressful environment of a job I once loved brought out the worst -- white hair and falling hair.

Yes, falling hair. That has been a major problem for me during the past year. I have very fine hair strands, and seeing lots of hair strands on my hands while I shampoo is terrifying. I tried using a couple of hair fall shampoos -- the more popular ones. One particular brand I tried didn't help at all. The other one promised less hair fall and it did make my hair fall situation better. So much better that this has been my go-to brand since last year.

A week ago, I got invited to the media launch of a local product that boasts a remedy to hair loss, I happily went. My uncle swears by it, and I got curious. This was the launch of Novuhair 3-in-1 package. They used to only have topical scalp lotion and shampoo, and now, they added conditioner to their list.






It was a fun event because Tita Fanny (Serrano) was there. TF is a salon and hair expert in the country, and unbeknownst to some people, he also has his own boutique of custom wear. I had a few gowns that I had made at his studio -- my high school graduation ball gown, a couple of party dresses, and my college graduation dress. Whenever I wear a gown he made for me, there is always someone who asks where I bought it. Really. TF also did my wedding makeup, and created the dresses of my wedding entourage. I love TF not only because of his talent, but also because of his personality. It showed during the Novuhair event. He told a handful of great stories about his falling hair problem and his long journey to find a solution. He can be very candid, but he's full of life and very entertaining to hear.

Ms. Gwen Ruais also graced the launch, as she is another face for Novuhair. What can I say about her? She is sooo tall and slim. I didn't want to have my picture taken beside her because then I'd feel tiny and fat. Haha.

The media launch took place in City Best Seafood Garden at Tomas Morato corner Scout Gandia. Yummy Chinese food I tell you (except for the wrapper they used for the peking duck skin. It was dry and tasted raw.). There was minced duck lettuce wraps that I have yet to come back for because I was too full when they served it. Haha.

Anyway, what Novuhair 3-in-1 pack basically does is that the topical scalp lotion prepares the scalp, the shampoo softens and nourishes the hair/scalp, and the conditioner helps moisturize and condition the hair. Natural ingredients that are found in Novuhair include malunggay, sweet almond oil, panax ginsend, lavender, aloe, lemongrass, and peppermint.


Novuhair gave the attendees 3-in-1 packs, which was very generous, and I might as well start to try it.



The Novuhair 3-in-1 Topical Scalp Lotion, Herbal Shampoo and Herbal Conditioner Pack is available at all Mercury Drug and Watsons stores. Suggested retail price of the Novuhair 3-in-1 Pack is P4,980.

Despite its relatively high cost compared to other shampoo brands, a lot of people are using and swearing by Novuhair, my uncle included. Not only does it prevent hair from falling, but most users found that hair started to grow on their balding/bald area. Now, isn't that a lovely (and cheaper) alternative to surgery?


Novuhair is a product of Nutramedica.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...