Tuesday, August 28

Crafts/DIY: Paper-Wrapped Pencils


I 've been eyeing this tutorial for a couple of months now. It's on how to make your own paper-wrapped pencils from scissors.paper.wok blog. It has a complete step-by-step tutorial so make sure to drop by.

I tried making it the other day, but I only had scrapbook paper -- those thicker-than-origami-paper ones. The tutorial mentioned using washi paper. Mine turned out not so great as s.p.w.'s. It is definitely harder to sharpen.

I got cheap clutch pencil leads from National Bookstore -- I think they're around P40 for a pack. My dad used to buy the Staedtler ones for me all the time when I was still in school. Wow, they are so expensive pala when I checked. National sells it PER piece, not the pack. Make sure to ask for the non-Staedtler ones if you're chipipay like me.

I also used contact cement instead of white glue, because that is what I have already. I think it's better to use contact cement because it dries quicker. But, of course, there is a trade-off. It is more expensive.

So here's how it turned out. What do you think?




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. still looks cute - but I agree with the tip, a little hard to sharpen - but compared with the normal humdrum pencil, this one is a definite improvement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the washi paper one, but I couldn't find it in Manila. :)

      Delete
  2. very cute idea... I love the outcome. Maybe I'll try it some day, too. Thanks for sharing!!

    Have a great week!
    Vio
    www.namiscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vio. Let me know how it goes for you.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...