Wednesday, November 30

Food: Simplified Strawberry Black Forest Cake



I tested my baking skills recently. Remember the strawberry black forest cake I made back then? Read about it and find the recipe here.

I was surprised to find all the ingredients I needed -- yes, even the elusive baking powder was available in the grocery store nearby. I got local strawberries at first, but they were tiny. I used them for the filling. I went with my mother-in-law to S&R (the local warehouse store similar to Costco) and found Driscoll's strawberries. They were huge and looked like they were injected with steroids compared to the local ones I got at the supermarket. They were perfect for my strawberry toppings.

Being in the Philippines is awesome! It's summer all year long. The downside? My chocolate sheet melts ever so quickly. We had to put the cake back in the fridge immediately. My kitchen right now is air conditioned. Can you just imagine if it wasn't?

The picture above is my finished product. I didn't dip the strawberries in chocolate to save time. It still looks good but not as pretty as the one I did in Atlanta.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious!! But uh, my baking skills are next to nothing so I'd actually rather buy cakes haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. This is one of the very few cakes I know how to bake. I usually buy cakes too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...