Monday, January 17

Shopping: Maternity Clothes

  
As much as possible, I did not want to buy any maternity clothes. I was just supposed to get dresses that I can also wear post pregnancy. But being pregnant during winter made it impossible. So I had to shop for some. Haha, that didn't sound like me. Okay, it was more like "yay, I can shop for new clothes!"

Scavenging for maternity clothing in a non-maternity store was getting tougher and tougher as I got bigger.

I didn't show until I was on my fifth month, and I have been wearing non-maternity dresses all the time. I picked out empire-cut styles and flowing skirts. I could even still wear my old jeans, albeit with a maternity band because of bloating.

I am now on my seventh, and although I can still fit into the dresses I have, I can't wear them anymore because of the cold weather. When the weather is nice and warm, as it sometimes is during the winter in the south, I try to wear them and pair them with leggings and flats.

Here are some of my favorite maternity clothing that I found online.


Long Dresses
For casual and formal wear.

Left: Asos Maternity Bandeau Maxi Dress
Right: ABS Collection Sleeveless Rosette


Short Dresses
Perfect with leggings or boots.

Left: Moody Mamas Sleeveless Flounce Neck Dress
Right: A Pea in the Pod Convertible Sleeve Button Dress




Outerwear
Neutrals are the best colors for coats and sweaters.

Left: Bailey 44 Button Front Ponte Maternity Coat
Right: Gap Dolman-sleeve Sweater




Bottoms
Great for office wear and casual wear.

Left: Asos Maternity Jersey Pencil Skirt
Right: Lavish by Heidi Klum Pull On Style Slim Leg




Tops
Pick long pieces that has a "waist". Tunics are best.

Top left: Liz Lange for Target Short-Sleeve Fashion Top
Top right: Old Navy Maternity Silver-Beaded Tunic
Bottom left: A Pea in the Pod Convertible Sleeve Button Tunic
Bottom right: mama-licious Dip Dye Woven Top

  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...